Date: 5-6 July 2022
Location: Utrecht University, Utrecht, the Netherlands
Attention: This is an in-person event and Corona measures at Utrecht University apply.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Utrecht University and AZAR Innovations jointly organise an Organ-on-a-chip MasterClass. This MasterClass is part of the Utrecht Summer School for Advanced In Vitro Models.
- Organs on chips are small medical devices in which researchers can grow living cells to model human or animal organ functions.
- Setting up and operating these small chips with a fluidic system around it requires learning basic principles of physical processes, tools and methods.
- This is a MasterClass where biologists and non-technical users of these systems learn how to choose, set up and operate different with organ on chips.
✔ Lectures by AZAR Innovations:
- Organ-on-a-chip designs and configurations
- Organ-on-a-chip components: different components and modules and their types
- Organ-on-a-chip operation: preparation, seeding cells, simple microfluidic theories and troubleshooting methods (e.g. bubbles and leakages)
- Commercial Organ-on-chips: choosing the right system, organ-on-a-chip companies and resources
✔ Hands-on lab session by AZAR Innovations:
- Set up Organ on chips: work with different components, connect different components.
- Operate Organ on chips: practical operation, troubleshoot problems
✔ Expert view (online presentations) – more speakers to be confirmed:
Sasan Jalili Firoozinezhad
Postdoctoral fellow , Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Koch Institute
✔ Hands-on lab session with commercial products:
Bi/ond aims at recreating key aspects of human organs by combining biology and microelectronics. We provide biologists with an organ-on-chip platform that nourishes, stimulates, and monitors 3D tissues (organoids, ex vivo tissue, spheroids, and microtissues) as well as tissue-tissue interface models.
You can find more information about this MasterClass here.