TARGET GROUP: Scientists from academia and industry from around the world who wish to get started or gain more experience with organ on a chip.
Date: 29-30 January 2024
Location: Insitute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India
GOAL: Help scientists to adopt, develop or use organ on a chip assays faster and more efficiently.
REGISTRATION ON CONFERENCE WEBSITE!
This MasterClass consists of:
1. On-demand e-learning
- What is Organ on a chip?
- Why would you use organ on a chip?
- What components does an organ on a chip system have?
- What design types can you find?
- How do you choose the closest organ on a chip system to your application?
- Advantages and disadvantages of every design type.
- Go through a few examples.
2. Interactive lectures
- A custom-made summary of on-demand lectures.
- Examples tailored to interests of participants
- How are chips made?
- How do you prepare chips for cell culture?
- How do you culture cells in chips?
- How do you connect chips to flow systems?
- How do you extract data from an organ on a chip system?
- Explore different commercial organ chips
- Design your own system
3. Hands-on lab training
- Work with 4 different chips types
- Work with 5 different flow systems (pumps)
- Connect pumps to organ chips and other components
- Learn about different protocols
- Simulate cell seeding with microparticles
- Use microscopy to observe organ chips
4. Commercial demos
- Commercial demo table
- Explore commercial products closely
- Get inspired for your design
5. Design your organ on a chip model
- Design your idea following the previous sessions
- Use our methodical canvasses to identify system requirements
- Use our design tools to design your own system
- Get inspired by our database of published articles
- Receive supervision from our trainers
- Present your design to experts and receive feedback
6. Expert views
- Discover applications of organ on chips with experts
- Interact with the experts
- Get inspired for your own system design
Dr. Hossein Eslami Amirabadi is a bioengineer with more than 10 years of experience developing organ on a chip systems for and with biologists. He is an instructor to biomedical scientists since 2015 in academia and industry. He has worked on:
Emre Dilmen, MSc is a biologist with a passion for engineering solutions, with more than 5 years of experience working with organoids and developing organ on a chip systems with engineers. He has worked on:
- Kidney organoids and tubuloids
- Intestinal transport on a chip
- Kidney tubuloids on chip
Any questions? Feel free to send us an email via [email protected].