TARGET GROUP: Biomedical scientists from academia and industry from around the world who wish to get started or gain more experience with intestine on chips.
Date: June 2024 (exact date to be announced)
Location: Science Park, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
GOAL: Help scientists adopt, develop or use organ on a chip assays more efficiently.
Registration will be opened soon! Fill this form to get notified.
This MasterClass consists of:
1. On-demand e-learning
- What is Organ on a chip?
- Why would you use organ on a chip?
- What components does an organ on a chip system have?
- What design types can you find?
- How do you choose the closest organ on a chip system to your application?
- Advantages and disadvantages of every design type.
- Go through a few examples.
2. Interactive lectures
- A custom-made summary of on-demand lectures.
- Examples intestine & intestine-microbiome chips
- How are chips made?
- How do you prepare chips for cell culture?
- How do you (co-)culture cells in chips?
- How do you connect chips to flow systems?
- How do you extract data from an intestine on a chip system?
- Explore different commercial intestine & intestine-microbiome chips
3. Hands-on lab training
- Work with 4 different chip types
- Work with 5 different flow systems (pumps)
- Connect pumps to organ chips and other components
- Learn about different protocols
- Simulate cell seeding with microparticles
- Use microscopy to observe organ chips
4. Commercial demos
- Hands-on experience with selected commercial intestine & intestine-microbiome chips
- Ask questions directly from technology providers
- Discuss collaborations with companies
- Commercial demo table
- Get inspired for your design
COMPANIES TO BE ANNOUNCED!
5. Design your organ on a chip model
- Design your idea following the previous sessions
- Use our methodical canvasses to identify system requirements
- Use our design tools to design your own system
- Get inspired by our database of published articles
- Receive supervision from our trainers
- Present your design to experts and receive feedback
6. Expert views
- Discover applications of organ on chips with experts
- Interact with the experts
- Get inspired for your own system design
Dr. Jianbo Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbial Food Safety
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences
University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
MORE EXPERTS TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Dr. Hossein Eslami Amirabadi is a bioengineer with more than 10 years of experience developing organ on a chip systems for and with biologists. He is an instructor to biomedical scientists since 2015 in academia and industry. He has worked on:
Emre Dilmen, MSc is a biologist with a passion for engineering solutions, with more than 5 years of experience working with organoids and developing organ on a chip systems with engineers. He has worked on:
- Kidney organoids and tubuloids
- Intestinal transport on a chip
- Kidney tubuloids on chip
Any questions? Feel free to send us an email via [email protected].